Deceased Transfer Certificate
In order to obtain a certificate to transfer a deceased to Afghanistan, please provide the following documents and submit them along with a written request to the consular office in person or by mail.
- Afghan Identification documents of the deceased such as Tazkera, or Afghani Passport, US passport or green card.
- A copy of the death certificate of the deceased.
- Burial Transit Permit of the deceased.
- A letter from the health authorities stating that there is no risk of communicable disease by transferring the body to Afghanistan.
- A copy of the funeral service certificate.
- Flight itinerary of the deceased.
There is no fee for this document.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are applying by mail, please include a prepaid, self-addressed return envelope. Please use Certified or Registered U.S. mail, or a Federal Express or UPS shipping envelope. Return envelope should be trackable. Please do not forget to attach the necessary documents we listed above for the mentioned Permission letter.
2233 Wisconsin Ave, NW
Washington, DC 20007
Tel: 202-298-9125 Ext: 8012/8016
PUBLIC WORKING HOURS:
9:30am – 1:30pm (Monday – Friday)