It is very easy to lose the reputation of a responsible student: it is enough to skip classes a few times, not do homework or chat with a classmate. However, it is difficult, but not impossible, to restore the excellent attitude of the teacher. If you follow our recommendations, you will be able to return to the old relationship and make it even better.
According to the researchers from the WritingAPaper service, many teachers believe that the good student is not the one who knows the most but the one who is the most active. Take notes in your notebook, and don’t be afraid to raise your hand and answer questions.
1. If you can’t keep up with the lecture while taking notes, ask the teacher for a copy of the lessons.
2. If you don’t understand something during class, ask if you can meet with the teacher during lunch or after class to get clarification.
Show good manners in class by making eye contact when the teacher speaks directly to you, saying “please” and “thank you,” apologizing if necessary and adhering to the following rules:
1. Do not interrupt the teacher. If you want to clarify something, raise your hand or wait for the lecturer to finish a thought. It is better to do both.
2. Pay attention to the way other students ask to go out. Some teachers require you to raise your hand and ask permission; others are annoyed and ask you to do it silently so as not to interrupt the class.
If you don’t understand something and want clarification, don’t hesitate to ask questions. Questions should involve clarifying why an event is essential, in what fields a given formula can be applied, etc. Try not to elaborate on facts that can be found in the textbook (dates, formulas, etc.), as this can put you in a bad light.
1. Don’t be afraid to ask if you think your question is silly. There are probably a couple of others in the class just like you.
2. By asking questions relevant to the class’s topic, you show that you are listening to the instructor.
Participate in discussions
If the teacher asks a question and you know the answer, raise your hand. If you disagree with what another student or teacher is saying, don’t hesitate to offer arguments in your own favor. Do it politely and peacefully.
Participate in discussions, but do not do so to the detriment of your classmates. Don’t shout out answers or speak up whenever the teacher addresses the group. Allow other students to speak up, too.
Ask for guidance
If you want to look like a diligent and interested student, ask the teacher for materials that will help you understand the discipline better. Have them recommend extracurricular literature, share lectures, or suggest some additional courses. Perhaps the teacher will advise you to contact a good tutor. If you decide to follow the insistence, be sure to tell the tutor who recommended them to you.
Get involved in university life
Participate in extracurricular student activities whenever possible. Try something you might enjoy: athletics, drama, debate, the school newspaper, or an academic yearbook club in a discipline. This will show the instructor that you are interested in university activities and are willing to spend time and effort outside of school.
If there is no club you are interested in, joi one. Become familiar with the university’s policies regarding student organizations and find like-minded people who can participate. You can ask a faculty member to help organize, give advice, or refer you to the “right” people on campus.
Take on some leadership positions at the university: head teacher, editor of the student newspaper, etc. This will show that you’re great at organizing, managing time, and using it wisely.
Never bully anyone
Avoid not only physical violence but also harsh words and expressions toward others. No one likes boors and bullies, especially teachers. If you see someone being bullied, stand up for them or talk to someone in authority. This is polite and shows the faculty that you respect your peers.
If there is someone you don’t get along with at the university, try to find healthy ways to resolve conflicts. If it doesn’t work, you are provoked or humiliated – stop all communication with these people. Do not respond to attacks, and in no case do not engage in genuine arguments. Provocateurs are trying to do just that.
Be equally good in all classes
Teachers talk to each other, including discussing students. Try to perform equally in all classes; otherwise, teachers may feel dissonance: why do you behave well in some classes and disgust others? In addition, it can be thought that you are a hypocrite and sucking up to someone, which is unsuitable for your reputation. If it’s too hard for you, you can always check on the reddit essay writing service that will help you to keep up with your academic performance.
Do your homework
A good attitude from the teaching staff does not fall from the sky, and you have to try for it. If you slack off, your reputation will go down, and you are pursuing the opposite goal. Whatever you look at it, the best way is to do your homework responsibly, whether creating a presentation, preparing an essay, or solving a lab assignment.
1. Tell the teacher in advance if you can not do homework for a good reason (medical emergency, illness, mourning, etc.). You can write a message in messenger during office hours.
2. If you do not understand something in your homework, go to the teacher before class for clarification. Tell them you did not do some things because you do not understand them.
If you feel you can’t handle your academic workload, leave it to the best college essay writing service to ensure you turn in all your assignments on time! If you try hard, you can become the most responsible student at university and gain the favor of even the pickiest teachers. But be prepared to spend a lot of time and effort to restore your reputation.