To extend your passport, please compile the below documentation and mail your completed application or submit them in person to the Embassy of Afghanistan in D.C
- Original Tazkira (If you do not have a Tazkira, we can’t extend your passport);
- Passport Application Form: Dari | Pashto
- Two Passport Size photos: Must be (2×2) inches
- Fingerprints (the applicant can get fingerprints at their local police station and include in mailed application);
- Your passport with its copy.
- If you are a U.S. alien resident, provide documents indicating your residence in the US;
- A pre-paid and pre-addressed return envelope;
- Fee: pricing explained below (payable in cash)
New Passport Fees:
- Price of extension and shipping fees from New York to DC: $130 cash
- Passport expiration penalty fees: If your passport is expired, the following penalty will apply.
- Three months past validity date on passport: $5.00
- Six months past validity date on passport: $10.00
- Nine months past validity date on passport: $15.00
- Twelve months past validity date on passport: $20.00